Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New wine bar coming to Shaw


Over the weekend my husband and I visited a little place on De Mun called "Sasha's". Nestled between Kaldis Coffee and Jimmy's Cafe on the Park it felt like the perfect hiding spot. Our anniversary was last week, and I was wanting a low key place to sit, drink, eat cheese and catch up with my hubby. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the whole experience.

The girl that was working the bar turned out to be an old friend from middle school. I was thrilled to see her and happy to hear she was following her bliss and traveling. She was able to suggest some great wines that fit both of our tastes (which are totally different) and provide us with laid back, but excellent service. We ordered several cold plates. I highly suggest the around the world cheese plate, yummy. Later we ordered entrees and crepes. None of the choices we made disappointed. I am in love with the Nutella and strawberry crepe.

As we were leaving I told the bartender I would write about the food, atmosphere, and drink in my blog. He reminded me to mention that the new location in Shaw will be open in a couple of weeks. I am SUPER STOKED...Shaw needs a good injection of excellent hang out places. Be on the lookout for the new place on the corner of Shaw and Thurman. I am guaranteed to be in there for a long lunch. I am very optiomistic that Sasha's can mimic what they have at their first location at their new one.Hopefully, the people of the city will find great value in this addition to their neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment