Monday, October 22, 2012

Mystical Monday- Odd Circumstances Bring Real Joy To My House

Today is a rainy day, and I love the rain...but for whatever reason, it has been a bit dreary to me lately. When I got to my desk this morning and checked the mail from the weekend, I was happy to find that the Radio Flyer Postcards had returned. We bought our house out of foreclosure about this time last year, and ever since then we have been receiving strange postcards for the previous owner. Actually, I think that they are FROM him, and not FOR him because, they arrive with just his name and our current address on them, no note and no return address.


The first couple that came here, I threw them out not being one to collect other people's mail and since there was no return address the postman told me he could not take them back. However, when more and more came, I started to tack them up. I quickly realized that they were not being sent on accident, and I enjoy receiving them. The postcards were from all over the Northwest and Southwest, and I had always wanted to visit the American Southwest. Today's postcard was "Cacti and Desert Flora of the Great Southwest", and it was just in time to boost my mood. In fact, they always arrive right at the most perfect times. I have tried to reach the former owner, with no luck. I am not sure how long these postcards will keep coming, but I am going to frame them. They are an unexpected gift of kindness, that I can never repay.

No comments:

Post a Comment