Monday, October 29, 2012

SHHHH, It's a SECRET. How to Snoop on Real Estate in the City of St. Louis

WHO'S HOUSE IS THIS?
SHHH...I am going to tell you all a real estate secret, and quite possibly lose some of my Rock-star status with some of you. Quite often I get questions like, "How long has that been vacant?", "Do the neighbors always keep their grass like that?", "Who owns that property?", "How big is the lot, really?" "How much were the taxes on that property 3 years ago?". I will usually go home, and look up the answer and email it to my client. However, you can do it too! There is a little known website that is INVALUABLE to City of St. Louis residents, or wannabes called, GEO ST. LOUIS. On this site you can find information on virtually any property, as long as you know the address. It can tell you who has paid their property taxes, when the last time they did, how many Citizen Service Bureau Complaints it has had, when the complaints were made, what permits have been pulled on the property, what the lot looks like, the increase in taxes over a period of time and MUCH MUCH MORE!

Very often, I have clients wanting to do in depth research before purchasing a property, and this is the perfect way to do it! I suggest that everyone interested in buying or selling a property to go to this site, and become familiar with the FACTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment